Little Squares of Memories

I'm feeling a little nostalgic tonight.  A little sappy, maybe.  I hope you'll humor me for a minute.  If you remember, a while back I made the Can't-Quite-Let-Go quilt for Henry.  I just finally finished Thomas' version. 


He was so excited--in fact, they both were.


As I put the finishing touches on, my eye caught just a few of those squares that were especially hard to imagine getting rid of.  There are just so many memories!  So in honor of having completed two of these little quilts, I thought I'd show you just a few of the reasons I couldn't get rid of these clothes.  Here are some of my favorite pictures featuring the clothes in some of my favorite quilt squares.

Thomas' hammer head shark shirt--he wore it constantly that summer!  Look at those tiny muscles.



And this sweet little outfit (look at that sweet little face too!):



Or his guitar sweatshirt.  I kept it on him until it was two inches too short on his arms!



There were those things that made it into both of their quilts, like this adorable brown jacket my brother bought before Henry was born:




Even farther down memory lane are the pieces from Henry's quilt.  His first sleeper, for example.  I stared at it for weeks before he was born, trying to imagine what my child would look like.


Or his trouble shirt.  Oh, this suited him to a "T!"



Or this one...  This was one of our very favorite snapshots of him!



Ahhh...  What a trip down memory lane.  Thanks for indulging me!  Can I just say, time flies?  Can I also say, wow, my children look alike!  Tell me you don't see Cora all over those little faces.  Siblings, for sure.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more